YMCA NATIONAL RECIPROCITY
As a benefit of a YMCA membership, bring your membership card and photo ID and enjoy free access to almost every YMCA in the United States. YMCA members must utilize their home branches at least 51% of the time. SilverSneakers® and Silver&Fit® members do not qualify. Please call the YMCA you plan to visit for schedules and to confirm participation, as some restrictions may apply.
Play Place is a FREE service for members only and is designed as short-term care for children (ages 6 weeks to 7 years) of members who are utilizing the facility (2 hours maximum). Play Place is conveniently located just through the access doors. Members MAY NOT leave the building while their child is in Play Place.
Hours of Play Place Operation
Monday through Friday Mornings | 9:00am to 12:15pm
Monday through Thursday Evenings | 4:00pm to 8:30pm
Saturday Mornings | 8:00am to 11:00am
The Youth center is located on the Butler YMCA first floor across from Play Place. Join our Youth Center Mentors here for activities and FUN! The Youth Center is recommended for kids ages 8-15, but youth aged 6-7 may be signed in and out by parent/guardian.
In order to promote family participation at the Y, individual members are invited and encouraged to bring their immediate family members in on Sundays at no charge! Sunday hours are from 11:00am-6:00pm.
Free gymnastics classes for family members
Preferred program rates for members
Priority program registration for members
FREE Group Exercise and Water Aerobic Classes
FREE Member Appreciation Events
FREE 30-minute Wellness Orientation
Do you need help reaching your health goals? This program is designed to allow a trainer and member to work together in developing an individualized exercise program. We offer a variety of times and trainers. Personal training is by appointment for YMCA members or for non-members. Full payment is due at time of registration. Sign up in the Wellness Center to be contacted for appointment. *A comprehensive assessment is FREE once per year to paid participants.
Click HERE to see the credentials of our Personal Trainers or to schedule an appointment!
Personal Training package options are available.
Check out the Personal Training Brochure for all the details!
NEW! SMART Start Program for Adults
We are pleased to introduce the SMART Start new member wellness orientation. As a new member of the Y, you will receive (1) one FREE 45-minute coaching session with a Wellness Center staff person. During this session, you will learn how to use the state-of-the-art equipment in the Wellness Center, review your fitness goals, as well as go through workouts. Our goal is to make you feel as comfortable as possible in the Wellness Center and to provide the information you need to use the equipment in a safe manner. The SMART Start offer will expire 45 days after initial join date, so sign up TODAY!
NEW! SMART Start for Youth
SMART Start for Youth is for those members ages 11-15. Youth will receive (1) one FREE 45-minute session with a Wellness center staff person. This session will teach proper use of the equipment and what specific areas of the Wellness Center are permitted for youth ages 11-13 and for youth ages 14-15. At the end of the session, there will be a 10 question quiz to ensure the youth understands safety precautions and etiquette in the Wellness Center as well as what equipment they are allowed to use. The SMART Start for Youth program will not expire, but is strongly recommended within the first 30 days of joining, especially if access to the Wellness Center is desired.
YMCA Members are invited and encouraged to use our guest passes to introduce friends to all the benefits of a YMCA membership. Three (3) guest passes are given to new members when they obtain their Adult, or Family Memberships. Thereafter, three (3) guest passes per year are allowed at the request of the Member. If a member refers a guest & the guest obtains a membership, please contact the Membership Department, as the member will then be entitled to receive (3) more guest passes.
Check with a Member Service Representative for information on how to bring out-of-town guests to the YMCA.
Our facility may be rented for your special event. Please call the YMCA for details about possible room, gym or pool rentals and rate information. Call 724.287.4733 x112 for more information.
The YMCA offers a SPLASH PARTY for members and non-members on weekends that is sure to be a hit for your child’s special event! Security deposit and payment required. Call the YMCA at 724.287.4733 x 112 to schedule your party today!
- Outdoor pool with new sliding board
- Splash pad
- Play Mill Playground
- Member pricing for shelter and hall rentals
- Special events and summer programming
- Birthday party package
- Basketball and sand volleyball courts
- 1-Mile Community Fitness Trail
- Fishing dock
- Kayak launch
- 35 new cardio machines which feature Internet access, individual TVs and the ability to set your own private individual exercise plan
- Free weight area
- 3 lane walking/running track
- Access to personal trainers
Fitness Center Etiquette
- 5-lane Lap Pool
- Warm water McLaughlin Pool
- The outdoor pool and splash pad at ARMCO Park in Slippery Rock
- All of our pools have a chair lift for anyone needing assistance getting into the water
- Test.Mark.Protect. safety initiative is in place at all of our pools
Water Fitness Schedule
- Play basketball on your own, in adult or youth leagues or learn to play in one of our instructional basketball clinics
- Preschool classes
- Gymnastic classes
- Youth Soccer and Flag Football Leagues
- Li’l Champs programs (children ages 3-5): Football, Soccer, Hockey, Cheer, and Basketball
- Unicycle Club meets every Saturday 4:30pm-6:30pm (begins December 1, 2018)
Gym Schedules (revised 11-26-18)
Two Racquetball Courts
- The Butler YMCA features two racquetball courts. Members wishing to play racquetball only may make court reservations as often as they wish, with no more than one court reservation on the court log at one time. Reservations may be made up to 48 hours in advance. Court reservation periods wil be one hour between 5:00am to 9:00pm M-TH and 5:00am to 8:00pm Fri and Sat and 11:00am-5:00pm Sunday.
- Youth members ages 11-15, with use of their own equipment, may play only if accompanied by a parent who is a member. Youth members ages 16-18 cannot reserve the racquetball courts. If a court is available when they come in, they and their guest will have access to the courts and the ability to rent equipment.
- For a complete copy of the Racquetball Reservation Policy, please inquire at the Welcome Desk.
Group Exercise Studio
- From the new Low Impact Cardio Strength classes to Zumba®, Line Dancing, Advanced Weight Training, and Yoga. The Group Exercise Studio has a class for every level of exerciser. Located on the third floor of the YMCA.
Land Fitness Schedule
- The Program Center features our SilverSneakers® classes and low impact Yoga classes, as well as the Delay the Disease class. Youth and Adult Karate classes and some of our youth dance classes are held in the Program Center. Located near the lobby on the first floor of the YMCA.
New to Exercise and Active Older Adult Schedule
Group Cycling Studio
- Featuring 14 Keiser Bikes, our cycling classes give a ride close to outside cycling and incorporates a computer to create a training experience second to none. No matter what your skill level is, with Keiser bikes everyone finishes at the same time! Located on the third floor of the YMCA.
- Group Cycle Schedule