Summer Day Camp Registration is going on NOW!
Click HERE for more information.
Welcome to our YMCA Early Learning Center! The Butler YMCA would like to congratulate you on choosing our center. Our program is licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, a STAR 4 Center, and has been operating since September 1985. We are a participating provider of State subsidized child care. We voluntarily participate in the Pennsylvania quality initiative program, Keystone STARS. http://www.pakeys.org/pages/get.aspx?page=Programs_STARS . For more information about our child care programs, please call 724.287.0045. NEW! Early Learning Center Brochure
Keystone STARS is a voluntary quality initiative program in Pennsylvania. Learn more at: http://www.pakeys.org/pages/get.aspx?page=career_standards. Our center follows the “Creative Curriculum”. Learn more at: http://www.teachingstrategies.com/curriculum. Keystone STARS requires child assessments three times per year. The assessment tool we use for all ages is Teaching Strategies, GOLD. Learn more at: http://www.teachingstrategies.com/assessment.
- To instill the core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility through Character Development.
- Grow in recognizing and solving problems through observation, active exploration, trial and error, and interactions and discussions with peers and adults.
- Listen responsively to directions, stories and conversations.
- Develop increased ability to make independent choices.
- Demonstrate increasing abilty to differentiate between appropriate and inappropriate risk-taking.
- Develop increasing ability to find more than one solution to a question, task or problem.
Five Top Reasons Why You and Your Child Will Love our YMCA Early Learning Center Programs…
- A Healthy Mind – Your child will enjoy a wide variety of mind enriching activities that encourage creativity and individuality.
- A Strong Body – Your child will be involved in playful activities that develop motor skills and increase physical confidence.
- A Happy Spirit – Your child will be in a warm and supportive environment which fosters the development of a healthy self-esteem and encourages personal growth.
- A Safe and Secure Environment – Your child will be guided and cared for by teachers selected because of their training, certification and remarkable sensitivity to the needs of your child.
- Peace of Mind – Next to your love and care, enrolling your child at our YMCA Early Learning Center is the best thing you can do for your child this year.