Welcome to our YMCA Child Care Program! The Butler YMCA would like to congratulate you on choosing our center. Our program is licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, a STAR 4 Center, and has been operating since September 1985. We are a participating provider of State subsidized child care. We voluntarily participate in the Pennsylvania quality initiative program, Keystone STARS. http://www.pakeys.org/pages/get.aspx?page=Programs_STARS .
For more information about our child care programs, please call 724.287.0045.
NEW! Child Care Brochure
Keystone STARS is a voluntary quality initiative program in Pennsylvania.
Learn more at: http://www.pakeys.org/pages/get.aspx?page=career_standards.
Our center follows the “Creative Curriculum”.
Learn more at: http://www.teachingstrategies.com/curriculum.
Keystone STARS requires child assessments three times per year. The assessment tool we use for all ages is Teaching Strategies, GOLD.
Learn more at: http://www.teachingstrategies.com/assessment.
- To instill the core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility through Character Development.
- Grow in recognizing and solving problems through observation, active exploration, trial and error, and interactions and discussions with peers and adults.
- Listen responsively to directions, stories and conversations.
- Develop increased ability to make independent choices.
- Demonstrate increasing abilty to differentiate between appropriate and inappropriate risk-taking.
- Develop increasing ability to find more than one solution to a question, task or problem.
Five Top Reasons Why You and Your Child Will Love YMCA Child Care Programs…
- A Healthy Mind – Your child will enjoy a wide variety of mind enriching activities that encourage creativity and individuality.
- A Strong Body – Your child will be involved in playful activities that develop motor skills and increase physical confidence.
- A Happy Spirit – Your child will be in a warm and supportive environment which fosters the development of a healthy self-esteem and encourages personal growth.
- A Safe and Secure Environment – Your child will be guided and cared for by teachers selected because of their training, certification and remarkable sensitivity to the needs of your child.
- Peace of Mind – Next to your love and care, enrolling your child at a YMCA Child Care Center is the best thing you can do for your child this year.