After the first thirty (30) days of membership, you may cancel the remainder of your membership at any time by giving the YMCA written notice seven (7) days in advance of your next scheduled day of monthly EFT/Charge. You may email your termination request to the Y Membership Director, Robert Law, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any membership that lapsed for thirty (30) days or more will again be assessed the Development Fee. If the draft is not terminated at the requested termination date, it is the responsibility of the member to notify the YMCA as soon as possible. The YMCA is not liable for drafts that occur after the termination date unless reported within sixty (60) days of the requested date. All fees paid for membership including Development Fees are non-refundable.
- Annual Membership dues are not refundable.
- The YMCA is not responsible for draft errors beyond 30 days.
- The YMCA reserves the right to cancel any program that does not have the minimum enrollment. Programs canceled by the YMCA will be refunded in full.
- Refunds will not be given after the first program date unless the program is canceled by the YMCA. A refund/credit minus a $5.00 processing charge will be issued if written notification is received PRIOR to the first program meeting.
- After a program has met once, there will be no refunds.
- Processing of refunds will take approximately ten days.
- If a class is scheduled on a holiday or if the class is canceled due to bad weather or a situation beyond the YMCA’s control, the class will not be made up.
(Always Welcome at YMCAs)
When someone joins a YMCA, they become a member of a nationwide association of people, and therefore, when you are away from home, you will be welcomed and treated as a member by other YMCA’s in the country as long as that YMCA participates in the AWAY Program.
An AWAY notification is placed on your membership card. When you present the card to a participating YMCA, you are permitted the use of the facility for no fee or a very nominal guest fee. To find a participating YMCA anywhere in the country, call 888-333-YMCA or go online to www.ymca.net. Remember to bring your membership card with you!
The Butler YMCA’s AWAY policy is that any person who is a member of another YMCA outside of Pennsylvania or certain Ys within Pennsylvania (if they do not participate in the PA reciprocity program) will pay half of the current day pass rate as follows:
|Youth (8-18 & still in high school)||$2.00|
|Adult (18 & over)||$4.50|
The YMCA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests. To promote safety and comfort for all, all individuals are asked to act appropriately at all times when in our facility or participating in our programs.
We expect persons using the YMCA to act maturely, to behave responsibly, and to respect the rights and dignity of others. Our Member’s Code of Conduct outlines prohibited behavior, but the actions listed below are not an all-inclusive list of behaviors considered inappropriate in our facilities or programs:
- Using or possessing alcohol or illegal chemicals on YMCA property
- Smoking on the YMCA premises
- Carrying or concealing a weapon or any device or object that may be used as a weapon
- Use of cell phones in the YMCA’s shower and locker room areas
- Use of any video/picture taking equipment, including camera phones, in YMCA’s shower rooms, locker rooms, and fitness center area
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language, or any type of menacing behavior
- Physical contact with another person in an angry, aggressive or threatening way
- Verbally abusive behavior, including angry or vulgar language, swearing, name-calling, or shouting
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior: any sexual contact with another person
- Inappropriate, immodest, or sexually revealing attire
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of property
- Loitering within or on the grounds of the YMCA
- No pets are permitted on the YMCA premises.
In addition, the YMCA reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been accused or convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse, is or has been a registered sex offender, has ever been convicted of any offense relating to the use, sale, possession, or transportation of narcotics or habit forming and/or dangerous drugs, or is presently or habitually under the influence of dangerous drugs or chemicals, narcotics, or intoxicating beverages.
Members and guests are encouraged to take responsibility for their personal comfort and safety by asking any person whose behavior threatens their comfort to refrain from such behavior. Anyone who feels uncomfortable in confronting a person directly should report the behavior to a staff member on duty. YMCA staff members are eager to be of assistance. Members and guests should not hesitate to notify a staff member if assistance is needed. In order to be able to carry out these policies, we ask that members and guests identify themselves to staff when asked.
In order to obtain membership or to access the facility as a guest, adults 18 years of age or older will be required to provide photo identification. Proper forms of ID can include your license, passport, or a state ID card. Access will not be granted without proof of photo identification.
Facility: Youth cannot enter the facility until 2:30PM on school days unless there is a schedule or unscheduled school closing date. Youth 7 and under must always be within arm’s length of an adult 18 years of age or older. Children 8 and older can be in the facility without adult supervision.
Pool: If your child uses a floatation aid, they must be within arms-length of a parent. Children ages 7 or younger must have an adult in the pool area. Children ages 8 or older may be in the pool without an adult. Test.Mark.Protect. policy applies.
WELLNESS CENTER ETIQUETTE
YMCA members are expected to follow the guidelines below for smooth Wellness Center operation as well as to ensure the safety and well-being of all members.
- Cubbies are for small items members need while in the Wellness Center. Lockers are available for coats, gym bags, shoes and other large items.
- Appropriate attire free of offensive pictures or language, clean-dry shoes and clothing that covers the midriff and buttocks should be worn.
- Cell phone usage should be courteous to ALL members. NO pictures or videos may be taken.
- Be respectful of other members waiting to use the equipment, offer to share equipment when waiting between sets. Abstain from telling other members how to use the equipment.
- Weight plates, bars and dumbbells should be controlled to the floor and returned to the appropriate place by the person using them.
- Selectorized weight stacks and cable crossover weight stacks should be controlled to the stop position.
- Moving of equipment is prohibited.
- Members are expected to wipe off equipment after each use.
- Loitering, horseplay and swearing will not be tolerated.
- Chalk and tobacco are prohibited.
Youth members 11-15 years of age are permitted to use the Wellness Center with a SMART Start Youth Certification or with a parent or Personal Trainer.
Youth members 11-15 of age who have completed the SMART Start Youth Certification, must wear their Youth ID badge to designate the age appropriate area of usage as follows:
* Youth 11-13 years of age may use the track, bikes and weight machines.
* Youth 14-15 years of age may use all cardiovascular equipment and weight machines.
Youth members 11-15 years of age who are supervised by a parent or YMCA Personal Trainer (must be within arms length) can use all Wellness Center equipment.
YOUTH AQUATIC SAFETY INITIATIVE
Aquatic safety at our pools is our first priority. All children ages 12 years and younger must participate in a swimming skills assessment and will be provided a colored wristband based on their swimming ability. Once tested, each time a child comes into the Y for open swim they will need to acquire their color appropriate wristband from the Welcome Desk when checking in. Complete details are available on our Test.Mark.Protect page.
Please contact the Aquatics Director with any questions.